The first two ministers at Niagara owned their own homes. When William McMurray, the third Rector arrived, he insisted that the Church should build a parsonage. As a result, the rectory, which stands west of the Addison Hall, was erected in 1858.
It was constructed of bricks that arrived from Britain as ballast in the sailing vessels and were purchased from the estate of Samuel Zimmerman. The grandiose style chosen was the Tuscan Villa. Most of the priests since that time have made their home in this rectory.
For many years Addison’s collection of books was housed on shelves in the rector’s study.